Flint, Mommy, and Galen

Flint, Mommy, and Galen

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Kinda short, kinda long

I have so much to update, but I don't really have the words for all I need to say. So, I'm going to write something shortish to give an overview.
Galen returned to the Preschool Program and less than a week later, we were full-time homeschoolers. I always wanted to do homeschooling and that's what we're doing. It's taken a lot of time and effort to get accustomed to having both kids when I go out. Mazzu's in college again, so the kids both go everywhere with me. The first couple of weeks, we didn't actually go out that much, but I've been getting better at it.
I signed the kids up for a Tinkergarten trial class and I've never been happier! I joined the class and the kids are doing so awesomely. Flint's interested in joining in on the stuff and Galen's interested, but watching from afar, as of last week.
I finally found a teacher willing to teach Galen dance! I signed Flint up as well. They start on Weds. I'm totally excited to see what happens!
Galen's ABA therapy is starting this week. Technically it was supposed to start Friday, but he threw up, so it got pushed to this Friday as the start instead. Not sure how that will go, but his therapist seems nice, and she said nothing about the current state of toys everywhere, which was a huge worry of mine.
I do have an issue that I'd love opinions on. Galen's therapists have been working with him since June 2015. He's finally pretty ok with being with them most of the time. But, I have a huge feeling that they actually think Galen's dumb.Now, I think switching therapist's would be a bad idea due to how long transitions are with Galen. But I also think that since they're against my homeschooling him, and now they've said something again that makes me think they think he isn't intelligent. I know so much better!
He told me last week he didn't want a hair cut. I told him we had to brush his hair or cut it. Did he want short hair like Mommy or long hair like Daddy? He put the brush to his hair letting me brush it again.
Today he chose "C" on one of the ABCmouse.com games that asked to pick the letter "C", so clearly he knows some stuff he hasn't been able to communicate efficiently (as I've always said and stood behind).
Anyway, I got sidetracked. A few months ago, I said something to Galen, and the therapists told me I needed to tone down my speech to him (essentially talk down to him, which I won't do). A few days ago, one of the therapists said that Galen couldn't possibly have said "How are you?" to Daddy (because he's currently only babbling 90% of the time). Clearly, Mazzu and I both heard him say it, so, duh, he said it. But they don't believe me.
The problem is if we change therapists now that he's finally making great progress (due mostly in part to my full-time homeschooling him, in my opinion), he'll regress. And I don't want that, especially with all the new transitions he's about to embark in (like dance class and constantly going places with the homeschooling groups).
Flint's birthday party was a success. Can't believe she's already 2! Galen played in the splash pad for something like 2 hours. Considering his hatred of water, that was so freaking awesome! He's been sneaking into the bathroom to play with his pool with bubbles in it that we got when he was willing to get in water with his therapists. He's mostly just touching it, but it's awesome. Hopefully he's starting to get better with water, but I'm not forcing it on him. It needs to be his choice. I have to keep telling Flint because she doesn't understand why Galen won't play in the water with her (especially when she's splashing it!).
Next month, we're venturing to a Pumpkin Patch. It's about an hour each way from us, so, I'm hoping it goes well. I have faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment